With a “To Do” list that rivals Santa’s, my muscles were screaming for attention. I opened my bag and reached for the bottle of aspirin. “It will take extra today, to get rid of this whopping headache”, I thought to myself. I open the bottle, pour a few in my hand, then realization hits me. It’s been over eight months since I have relied on these little pills to control my headaches. I am not going to give in that easy. I put the pills back into the bottle. My muscles screaming for attention from the stress of last-minute Christmas shopping and party preparation, I am determined to heal naturally, as I have many times before with the use of essential oils and yoga. I knew what I needed; a little pampering would release the endorphins and melt away the stress of the Holiday Season. Within 20 minutes I was back at work.
Let me share with you, My Secret – Five Simple ways to melt away Holiday Stress:
1) Relieve stress and sooth tired muscles with Améo Relaxing Touch Essential oil (my absolute favorite), design with just the right amount of warmth to penetrate deep within the muscle, increase circulation with its soothing blend of Peppermint, Black Peppercorn, and Wintergreen while the relaxing benefits of True Lavender, Sweet Basil, Roman Chamomile, Eucalyptus Globulus and Rosemary to calm and restore balance to your busy life.
Rub a few drops into tired or sore muscles as you complete the following 4 yoga exercises; continue to breathe slowly throughout the poses, release and repeat. (For sensitive skin, dilute a few drops with Fractionated coconut oil).
2) Corner Stretch (not really a yoga pose, but works great to release shoulders and neck): As a child, did you ever think standing in the corner was a good thing? Stretch tired neck and shoulder muscles by facing the corner, raise your elbows shoulder height and press your arms into the corner. Take a deep breath and relax into the stretch for 20 seconds. Release and repeat three times.
3) Wind-releasing Pose: Relax the back with the benefits of yoga. Lie on your back and take a long slow deep breath in. Hold for 10 seconds and release as you relax into the floor. Then slowly lift one leg and take it by the knee. Hug the knee tightly into your chest for 20 seconds – take a long deep breath, and release the leg as you breath out. Repeat with both legs three times.
4) Down Dog: Roll on to your tummy and push as if doing a pushup –then straighten your arms and lets, while lifting your bum into the air. Slowly walk your hands and feet towards each other about 8 to 10 inches and feel the stretch in your back, shoulders and down your legs. Hold for 20 to 30 seconds.
5) Cobra Pose: Lie on your tummy. Take a breath in and while slowly releasing the breath, lift up with your arms while keeping your thighs on the floor. Arch your back and feel the stretch in your stomach and lower back. Hold for 20- 30 seconds breathing slowly in and out three times. Take another deep breathe in and while breathing out, slowly release the pose.
Take it from me, yoga tension releasing poses and Améo Relaxing Touch Essential Oil can provide the mental and physical support to melt away stress this Holiday season.
Struck by lightning, Devri Ficklin should be dead – but she’s not! Having recovered from a disheartening divorce, death, and financial ruin life seemed to be on track, then within seconds a bolt of lightning, changed everything. We all experience them, Lighting Moments, the pivotal events in our lives that change us, forever. Inside this impassioned journey of healing, readers learn through Ficklin’s Lightning Moment, step-by-step systems that can help them overcome personal challenges and transform their life. “The biggest battle you will ever fight is within your own mind.” Ficklin shares, “Learn to focus your thought – it’s simple, not easy – however the effort is worth it!” Lightning Moments will help you discover the steps to “Navigate the storm to discover greatness!